Sunday, October 3, 2010

Now, Where Did Menopause Put My Mind?

What in the world has happened to my mind? Menopause came in and completely altered my whole mind. It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I have no idea how to cope with it sometimes. I'm forgetting things constantly. You know you are old when you forget that you forgot something and then realize it days later. For me, it wasn't a gradual thing. It happened within six months, is that normal? I have turned into a person that not even my grandmother was. She was a strong woman until the day she went into the hospital before she died. She didn't completely forget how to do things she already knew how to do.
The mind is amazing and I cannot tell you how important it is to appreciate every minute the mind gives you. However, my mind has decided that it is retiring. It's on a part time basis. A friend told me that I should do things like Sodoku to keep my mind fresh. Oh, look..I just remembered that. You have to remember to do the Sodoku....that's the problem! Menopause...I would like my mind back and I will fight you for it!